We are pleased to share a recent webinar led by Daniel Schermele with several FabLearn Fellows in a conversation about assessment strategies for maker courses. The conversation included:
- Intent of assessment / why do we teach specific content
- Types of assessments
- Backwards planning vs. self-determined education
- Why do we assess? Accountability or just part of an antiquated educational system?
- What should we be assessing? Standards vs. skills. Knowledge vs. Information
- How do we assess?
- Using a product as assessment (when the process is really what’s important)
- Individual vs. team